A life worth living…
April 13, 2009
Five signs you have lived a good life….
1) There is no parking at your wake. Cars fill the lot, litter the street and swell into vacant lots nearby.
2) The guest book has been filled two hours into the wake. The funeral home scrambles to find more pages or another book.
3) Your mass cards have photographs of the natural world you loved on the front and a quote by Dr Seuss on the back.
4) The seats for your funeral are full 20 minutes before the service is scheduled to begin. Ten minutes before a line forms at the door and by the time the service starts, bodies are pressed against walls, filling corridors and oozing out onto the street.
5) The sound of soft sobs, delicate sniffles and purses being rummaged for tissues provides a soothing back drop to the eulogy your daughters gave you. People cry for you, for your children and for a sense of loss they can not quite put into words.
For A&A, my deepest sympathies for the loss of your mother. She most certainly led a life that was well worth living.
“Don’t cry because it is over, Smile because it happened” Dr. Seuss.