January 8, 2009
Can someone please explain to me…
1) Why a hospital bothers making my appointment for 7:45 am if they have no intention of seeing me until after 9:00.
2) Why they insist on playing elevator music in the waiting room. Everyone knows that the reason they get away with playing elevator music in elevators is because you only have to listen to it for 3 minutes. Over an hour of hearing these tunes while to watching the clock tick by 78 times could prompt someone into a murderous rage.
3) Why the exam rooms are set at a balmy 57 degrees. For what I pay my insurance to pay them (and then what I pay out of pocket myself), you would think they could afford to turn the thermostat up a few degrees. In case they have not noticed, those johnny’s are not designed for warmth.
4) Why the gurneys are always set directly under the spot lights. “Just sit back and relax”, she says. Well, I will do my best but with the spot light in my eyes and the temperatureset to ‘frozen tundera’, it is not all that relaxing of an experience. How about a warm blanket and the sounds of the shore? A soothing lavender candle maybe?
5) Why the radiologist can not find the decency to come into the room to talk to me. I have waited over an hour listening to horrible music while freezing my butt off under an interrogation lamp and you can’t find 45 seconds in your horribly busy day to come in and say “things look ok, we will see you in 6 months”. I hope you are a patient some day, really…I do.