Getting Personal….I guess
January 5, 2009
Last weekend I had lunch with the fabulous La Petite Belle and while we were catching up on odds and ends, she mentioned that I don’t include a lot of personal details in my blog. I don’t know that this is something I do intentionally, mostly I don’t think my life is very interesting or that anyone cares that much about what is going on. My blog tends to focus on observations, interactions and things that can be tied up in a list format. But, to update you on a few things, here are five personal details about my life right now.
1) D and I closed on that house on Dec 29th. Although the house is going to be a ton of work we are extremely excited. It was built at the turn of the century (19th, not 20th) and has some wonderfully charming details.
2) To chronicle our progress on house work I am starting another blog. This one is mostly for our friends and family but I am happy to share the link with any of my usual readers who may be interested. Please send me an e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you want it.
3) For thous of you who read this blog entry, and are wondering about the status of my health or have sent e-mails inquiring, thank you for your thoughts and concern. I have been following up with my appointments and test reguarly (even though I think I outlined five perfectly good reasons why I did not want to) and so far, everything looks good. I will do my best to keep you updated.
4) I am thinking of getting an iphone…actually I think I am getting an i phone. I self identify as being completely inept with new technology so this is as surprising to me as it is to you. But as you may remember, my phone is shot and after consulting some friends who have an iphone and love it, I thought I would take the plunge. A special thanks to this blogger for being a part of my iphone focus group and answering 47 ridiculous questions and 18 ludicrous ones.
5) My birthday is rapidly approaching….and I hate my birthday. It is not that I am all bent out of shape about my age; it has been a wonderful year and numbers don’t generally stress me out. I just don’t really have great birthdays….or at least the bad ones seem to out weigh the really good ones.