Way better than a co-pay
August 11, 2008
I mean no offense to head-shrinkers everywhere, but here are 5 reasons I think friends are WAY better than therapists.
1) Therapists do not call you on your way to your appointment to find out what you are drinking so it can be waiting for you when you arrive.
2) Therapists to not place a hand on your shoulder or on the small of your back when you confess how crazy and out of control you have felt (and behaved) and therapists certainly do not hug you when you finish.
3) Therapists do not hear your story and tell you that contrary to what you may believe and others may tell you… there is not a thing wrong with you.
4) Therapists do not confirm this by telling you that it is everyone else in your life that is crazy and/or wrong and has forced you to behave so badly.
5) Therapists do not bring up stories of their old boyfriends or disasters with blue eyeshadow that went way above their natural brow line because they know it will make you laugh until you cry. Because… therapists do not know that the one thing you need more than anything, is a good laugh, a good cry and a good friend, or three.
Thank you to C,G & M for Friday night… it was EXACTLY what I needed.