Mike’s got something….
June 11, 2008
1) He gives the best hugs. They are the kind of hugs you would expect for your father, get from your brother and want from your partner. They are hugs that make good days better and bad days do-able
2) He gets my obsession with song lyrics and appreciates my borderline freakish skill of memorizing them. This is not a skill that gets noted by many people.
3) Even though he jokes about me being his ‘work wife’, he is one of the most kind and devoted husbands I have ever met. When he talks about his real wife, his face lights up and you know that he is thinking he is the luckiest man in the world.
4) He is an amazing dad. He is one of those dads that makes you believe you can actually succeed at being a parent and not perpetuate the long line of idiosyncrasies that may run in your family. He makes me believe that even I could be a good mom some day.
5) He is a great listener and genuinely knows what to say to make you feel better. He has been there for me through tough days, bad news and hard decisions and never once let me down. In fact, he gives pretty good hugs. (see #1)