June 11, 2009
Five things I really, really miss about my home state of NY.
1) It is the kind of place where state senators have secret meetings to change allegiance from one party to another and STILL claim that they are a member of the party they just screwed over.
2) It is the kind of place where once the senators have changed the power structure of the senate the now minority group grinds everything to a halt to try to prevent what has already happened from happening.
3) It is the kind of place where the senators do a political version of taking their ball and going home and literally, yes literally, lock the door and refuse to work until they get their way.
4) It is the kind of place where someone stands in front of news camera’s dangling a key to the state legislature but does not use it.
5) It is the kind of place where all of this is considered perfectly normal, business as usual and really, just another day at the office. Or, standing out on the lawn refusing to go to the office.
*If you want to hear actual facts about this story, you can listen here