August 13, 2008
Many of you may remember Mike one of my earlier posts. He is a great husband, a great dad and a great friend and very nicely agreed to do his own “If I had to pick five” for my first guest post. You can check him out over at I Got Nuthin’.
August 12, 2008
Tomorrow I will be heading to Seattle for a few days vacation. While I will be touring vineyards, checking out a rain forest and trying not to complain about what the humidity will be doing to my hair; some fabulous guest bloggers have agreed to fill in for me. Please come back to check them out. I promise you will not be disappointed. And ladies… you may even learn about a place we just don’t normally think about.
August 8, 2008
Earlier this week, my bloggy friend La Petite Belle gave me two blogger awards; the Arte y Pico award and the “You so Crazy” award. For anyone who does not read La Petite Belle, she is fabulous. We met through this crazy blogger world and realized we had quite a bit in common. I adore her perspective on life, love, family and marriage and her candid honesty makes her easy to read and a pleasure to know. I will be passing these awards on sometime soon, so stay tuned and thank you La Petite Belle, for being way more than La Petite Fabulous.
May 9, 2008
Five things I can not do (right now) and wish I could
1) speak Spanish- after a week in Mexico with my brother who can order food and actually get food (I on the other hand, wanted lunch and ordered a table) I vowed to learn.
2) keep bee’s- this is something I swore I was going to do this spring, but was quickly halted by some slightly suspicious neighbors and irritating town ordinances. Apparently, most people don’t want swarms of bees in tourist towns.
3) go to work sans bra- its not that I am huge or anything…. but I definatly can’t get away with one of those shelf bra tank tops and I feel like Mondays would seem less overwhelming if I did not have to put a bra on.
4) use my driver when I tee off- it was confiscated by my father after I accidentally hit a maintenance worker on a pubic golf course.
5) take away a friends pain- I know this one is a little obvious but lately I have had some friends go through some very difficult times and I would do just about anything to be able to take their pain away.
…maybe some day
May 9, 2008
The five things that make me most nervous about having a blog
1) technology – the world wide web and I are not friends
2) general incompetence- not being able to figure out how to do things like change my user ID (this took me a solid two hours and a tutorial with Mike)
3) writing something that will embarrass me, my friends or my family
4) realizing that I am 100% correct and the general public really does not care about what I have to say
5) realizing that I am wrong, and someone, somewhere out there, does care what I have to say and I, will sound like a total moron