Sharing is Caring
August 18, 2008
I first found La Petite Bella when she commented on another blog I read. It was one of those times when someone says exactly what you are thinking and all the sudden you feel a lot less alone. We started e-mailing and it turns out we have a lot in common including a very similar sense of humor. As I have said before;her perspective on life, love, marriage and the world around her never cease to amaze me. Go check out her blog, you will not be disappointed.
Sara makes me want to share. She’s the kind of person that you feel so comfortable with, that you reveal more information about you that you initially intended, only to feel absolutely comfortable with the idea of opening up to her once you know her better.
Unless of course she really is a middle-aged man sitting on his couch pretending to enjoy writing things in fives and telling people his name is Sara.
But anyway, in honor of how Sara makes me reveal information with her comforting spell, here are five things that you don’t know about me, that I should probably keep to myself because of their embarrassing nature.
- When I was about to get my first kiss at 12, as I was closing my eyes and starting to pout, I changed my mind. I ran to the door of the room where I was, with my eyes still closed, and of course did not get far because I ran into the wall. I ended up with a huge bump on my forehead, and the guy I was trying to run away from helped me get up. He obviously did not try to kiss me again.
- I have a slightly unhealthy addiction to underwear. Pretty underwear. But it’s underwear, nonetheless. Why would I spend so much money on pieces of clothing that only my husband sees? ha! because when I am home, I like to walk around in it. All the time. (my husband constantly complains about this, since there are a few windows in our house with open curtains.)
- In middle school I used to do bad things in school on purpose so I could get detention and hang out with the bad boy I had a crush on, who lived in detention. (he was also like 5 years older than me, because clearly I have a thing for older men)
- When I met my husband I lied about my age. I told him I was 19, when I was really 15. I also told him I wasn’t a virgin (also a lie) because I figured I wouldn’t have a chance if I told him I was 15 and untouched. I thought it would put too much pressure on him. I told him before he kissed me. So I guess he’s still a pervert. (He was 23) What can I say? I wanted a college man.
- You know how for Christians, hell is the worst thing that could happen to you? Well, for me that would be camping. Camping is my hell. I’ve never been there, nor do I want to be there, and I will do everything in my power to never end up in a camping situation.
And that is it, peeps! I could go on, but I better keep it at five so Sara doesn’t call me from her vay-cay to ring my neck and inform me that her blog’s name is “If I had to Pick Five” for a reason. Plus, should I really subject you, innocent readers, to more things I should really keep to myself?